Web of Science (WOS)
Web of ScienceTM Core Collection
The Web of ScienceTM Core Collection – contains 6 citation indexes (databases) – the Science Citation Index Expanded, the Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index, Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science, Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Social Sciences & Humanities, Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI).
- The Science Citation Index (SCI EXPANDED) monitors the citations in scientific journals from natural and technical sciences; it is a source of more than 8,500 periodicals.
- The Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) monitors the citations of more than 3,000 scientific journals from the social sciences, as well as selected items from 3,500 of the world’s leading scientific and technical journals.
- The Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI)monitors the citations in scientific journals from the arts and humanities; it is a source of more than 2,300 periodicals, as well as selected items over 250 scientific and social sciences journals.
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science (CPCI-S) monitors the citations in the conference literature in all fields of science and technology.
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Social Sciences & Humanities (CPCI-SSH) monitors the citations in the conference literature in all fields of social sciences, humanities and artistic disciplines.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) – data from 2015 of emerging sciences fields and high-quality regional journals that have undergone initial evaluation process, but for now waiting for possible inclusion in the citation indexes SCI EXPANDED, SSCI, A & HCI.
Conference Proceedings citation indexes monitor of more than 148,000 conferences of 256 scientific disciplines, from 1990, cited references and the cumulative number of citations from 1999.
Searching: according to key words and subject words from the title of papers and texts of abstracts, according to author, source document, address of an author, a cited author, a cited paper, a cited year, by Boolean and proximity operators.
|Content type:||bibliographic records with abstracts + citations of works, some full texts|
|Retrospect:||WoS since 1900 (JCR since 1997)|
|Update frequency:||WoS weekly, JCR yearly|
|Themes:||accounting, analyses, banking, companies, computer science, demography, economics, finance, general resources, industry, law, management, marketing, social sciences, statistics, stocks, trade|